Monday, 15 October 2012
I am currently on a Candy Corn high thanks to my local Dollar Store.
I was actually looking for Smarties, which I found, and directly above them was a box overflowing with Candy Corn.
I was a good kid and only bought one bag of each, but I'm going back tomorrow since the only time I seem to be able to find either of these little treats is during this time of year.
(caption reads 'seems to me you're inviting trouble.')
They can go into my sweet tooth inventory for consumption through out the upcoming winter months while I hibernate along with the bears. I just hope I don't come out looking like one when spring finally arrives.
The bag of Candy Corn states 'Made with real honey' and 'a fat free food.' However, 24 pieces have 150 calories, 115mg Sodium, 28g sugar, 37g carbs and I wasn't even able to eat 24 because of how sweet they are. Probably a good thing, eh?
Any who... back to the blues and laughter...
I have been fighting the blues (depression) for a few weeks (pain is such a... well... pain), but am doing my very best to work through it aided by web surfing for my various blogs.
I sometimes think that is the only sanity I maintain, although 'surfing' will occasionally cause you to go momentarily insane (and possibly blind) when sites come up that you had no interest in at all.
Some of them have caused my eyebrows to rise way beyond my hairline and I'm not a prude by any means.
But... REALLY?? If I wanted porn or XXX rated sites or things of that nature I simply would have typed it in and let my fingers do the walking whilst (giggles) I enjoyed myself....
However, since I prefer a partner under those circumstances, let us move forward into the matter of laughter without the erotica. Although (side note)... laughter during sex is not a bad thing. Just sayn...
Wiki has quite a bit to say about laughter, but I'm simply going to say that I, myself, could not live without it. I have been a firm believer that 'laughter is indeed the best medicine,' and even though I think my doctors would like me to be more serious... life is serious enough on its own, so doctors be damned!!
I do know the benefits of laughter are more than we can possibly count (just like hugs). For instance:
- Laughter reduces the level of stress hormones in our bodies
- Laughter provides both a physical and emotional release.
- Laughter can be a good workout for your abs, diaphragm, and shoulders.
- Laughter leaves you feeling more relaxed.
- Laughter brings the focus away from negative emotions.
- Laughter can give us a more positive outlook on a situation.
- Laughter connects us with others.
- Laughter increases oxygen level in our body which helps the body to heal itself and resist further infection.
- Blood pressure is reduced while blood vessels expand close to skin surface and improve the circulation, which is why often people seem to blush or go red while laughing.
- Our breath quickens as we inhale deeply and exhale through our vocal cords.
- Researchers at University of Maryland theorize that while we laugh beta-endorphin like compounds released (natural pain killers) by our body and which results in preventing ulcers and digestive disorders.
- Laughing has been called ‘stationary jogging', because when we laugh every organ in our body is affected.
And... the intention of this blog has been to 'hopefully'... bring a smile, cause some giggles, perhaps a snortle or two and even a full blown laugh along the way.
Thought for today
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." ~~ E. E. Cummings
Yep... It's Monday once again and I'm hoping y'all have a blessed & beautiful week!!